| Hello Western BCA Members,
Western BCA Elections were held at the Annual Membership Meeting, May 5, 2013 with the following results: Association Secretary - Julie Fraser, Association Treasurer - Cathy Dunford, and Board of Directors - Andrew Monstis.
Two Board of Directors seats remain open. Nominations will be accepted until July 20. All candidates will be interviewed and their qualifications reviewed by the Board. A special election will be held at the Western BCA Membership meeting on August 4 to fill these positions. The Membership will have an opportunity to question each candidate, and the Board will make its recommendations based on the vetting process.
Board candidates should be active participants in Western BCA, including:
Further, the Board of Directors:
- Currently a Western BCA member (League Operator, Player Representative or Member at Large).
- Regularly attends meetings and regional tournaments.
- Has served in staff appointed positions, on committees or volunteered at regional events.
- Has a clear understandng of how the association functions.
We welcome inquiries from any Western BCA Member who is interested in becoming a part of the Western BCA management team. If you know of someone who may be interested, please have them contact me or provide us with contact information. Additionally, we will be happy to forward this information to any interested member league player.
Thank you for your help. It is much appreciated!
- Oversees the production of Western BCA tournaments.
- Reviews the annual budget.
- Recommends annual dues for approval by the Members of the Association.
- Conducts performance evaluations of all Association elected officers.
- Acts as a 3 member Grievance Committee for the purpose of resolving player and/or Member grievances.
Sassy Campbell, WBCA BOD Chair,
|Below are some of the jobs that volunteers typically do for Western BCA. We are always seeking volunteers to step up and offer to help. We often have one person wearing more than one hat, so please feel free to ask about any job you see below. Immediate needs are in red with a link to the position's description.
If you are interested in helping but not sure you want to commit to the level the above positions require, we always need help at each event from taking a shift on the Podium and assisting the players to commentating live streamed matches. Too busy at the events, there is plenty of prep work to be done before each event that you may be interested in. Some require specific skills, many just require time and the desire to help. Click here to see the complete list of opportunities. If something appeals to you, just complete our "Yes, I want to Join the WBCA Team" form.
- Open NOW Event Stager: We are looking for someone to act as Assistant Event Stager to apprentice at 2013 9-Ball in October and be ready to stage the 8-Ball event in March, 2014.
- Bylaws, Policies and Procedures Chair
- Competition Committee Chair
- Contract Negotiations Chair
- Events Coordinator (oversees all Western BCA events)
- Information Technology Manager
- League Administrator
- Payouts Calculations Chair
- Podium Manager
- Public Relations Director
- Special Events
- Store Manager
- Tournament Coordinator (Oversees one Western BCA event)
- Tournament Official
- Tournament Registrar
- Vendor Coordinator
- Volunteer Coordinator
- Website Administrator